Writing a blog takes a lot of preparation. It is not easy to write a blog that you intend to keep for a long time. There are times that you will be writing very well and often times you cannot think where to begin. In order to help you get started and maintain that momentum, here are some tips that can help you:
1. Find a target audience. This will help avoid burn-out.
2. Maintain an idea bank. Inspiration on a long-term basis.
3. Engage with your readers. Relationship is the key.
4. Long-term goals and long-term blogging go hand in hand.
5. Make some money. It helps you stick it out.
6. Define your goals to know where you are heading.
7. Celebrate your milestones. It helps to keep that good feeling alive.
8. Have a sustainable rhythm that you can work with.
9. Build your safety net to help overcome feelings of depression, boredom or other negative feelings.
10. Most important of all, keep on enjoying what you do!